PIP REVIEW AR1 FORM & ADDITIONAL SUPPORT MARKER

• libra1
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 9 months ago #213128 by libra1
Replied by libra1 on topic PIP REVIEW and FURTHER MEDICAL EVIDENCE
Hello Gordon,

My PIP face to face appointment was indeed cancelled and I received a text message from the DWP to say the paper based medical report completed by IAS had been received and I should expect to get a decision within 4 weeks time. They also wrote to me to confirm they had all they needed to make a decision and I should expect to get a decision in due course, etc.

I obtained a copy of the report and it looks like I am recommended 11 points. My original award also gave me 11 points but was revised to 13 points after mandatory reconsideration. The IAS Health Professional did not consider further medical evidence provided as part of my original mandatory consideration. It looks like she only considered the ATOS Health Professional's original report (based on my PIP2 form) and the recently obtained GP's factual report. Therefore, if the DWP Decision Maker accepts the new IAS recommendation, it looks like my PIP award will be reduced from enhanced rate daily living to standard rate daily living.

I have just been paid my PIP 4-weekly in arrears as usual (ie: at the enhanced rate) and it is almost 4 weeks since the DWP sent me their text/letter so a decision can't have been made yet.

My question is this: if my PIP award is reduced, when is the effective date of the decision? Is it the date of the written medical report? Or is it the date when the DWP Decision Maker makes their decision? The reason I ask is that if my award is reduced, then I will have been overpaid PIP (as well as working tax credits with the severe disability element) for the last 4 weeks if the effective date is the date of the medical report. This seems unfair to me as I can't be faulted for the amount of time it takes the DWP to administer a decision. I can find no information online about any of this.

Incidentally, I am in no mood to put forward a mandatory reconsideration again. The issue is taking nutrition, where I am recommended 0 pts. It is too much to hope that the DWP Decision Maker will take the initiative and realize that the context of this has been ignored by the IAS health professional in not considering the original further medical evidence. My GP in his recent factual report has said my functional issues are unchanged with regard to taking nutrition and in saying that, he was reiterating the detail he gave in the further medical evidence he supplied for the original mandatory reconsideration. The IAS was considering the original Health Professional's report only, which also gave me 0 pts. It doesn't appear as though she even had sight of the GP's original further medical evidence.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #213132 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP REVIEW and FURTHER MEDICAL EVIDENCE
Libra

The Decision Date will be when the DM makes it, I would be very surprised if there is an over payment.

You could ring the DWP office dealing with your claim and refer the DM to the GP report that made the difference the last time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

• libra1
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 8 months ago #214575 by libra1
Replied by libra1 on topic PIP REVIEW and FURTHER MEDICAL EVIDENCE
Hello Gordon,

Hope you have enjoyed your break.

I thought I should update you about my PIP Review.

The DWP Decision Maker decided not to accept the IAS HP's recommendation to award me 0 points for taking nutrition. On the basis of the medical evidence already presented, the DWP DM gave me 4 points for needing prompting to take nutrition. This meant that instead of having my award reduced from enhanced daily living to standard daily living with only 11 points as awarded by the IAS HP, the extra 4 points given by the DM meant that with 15 points, my PIP award would continue at the enhanced rate as before. My award was due to end in January 2019 but has now been extended and will be subject to another review after November 2019, a year before the new expiry date.

I was really pleasantly surprised by this. I had expected to have to ask for a mandatory reconsideration if the DM had gone with the IAS report and reduced my award. I didn't even have to contact the DWP. On their own volition, the DWP correctly followed their own guidance and changed the descriptor without prompting. Amazing. :)

Thank you for all the helpful advice you have given me over these past few months Gordon. Very grateful. Until the next time...

More
5 years 8 months ago #214589 by Gordon
Libra

Really pleased to hear that your DM did their job well, congratulations on the award.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #214920 by Atebite
Replied by Atebite on topic PIP REVIEW and FURTHER MEDICAL EVIDENCE

libra1 wrote: Hello Gordon,

My PIP face to face appointment was indeed cancelled and I received a text message from the DWP to say the paper based medical report completed by IAS had been received and I should expect to get a decision within 4 weeks time. They also wrote to me to confirm they had all they needed to make a decision and I should expect to get a decision in due course, etc..

Hello Libra1,

It seemed that IAS were giving you a face to face appointment, and then you called up, and contacted them to find out what is happening,

and then they then found out that you did NOT actually need a face to face, and they viewed your case as a 'paper based' assessment (without the need for you to physically need to have a face to face assessment.

Gordon, you can also answer this question, Thank you.

My question is,
Do you think the reason that they Decided you did Not need a face to face was because you phoned up a few times, to enquire, and you chasing them up this way?

ie, if you DIDN'T contact the IAS people by phoning them, do you think there is a chance you would not have 'slipped' through net and you would have actually have to have a face to face assessment?

in otherwords, was the fact that you phoned up/contacted IAS often, with many enquiries regarding your questionnaire the contribution for them to Finally decide you do NOT need a face to face assessment?

ie, if you didn't phone them atal, would they have called you in for an assessment?

Gordon, you can also answer this question, Thank you.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Gordon. Reason: corrected quote

More
5 years 8 months ago #214931 by Gordon
Atebite

No, I don't think that Libra phoning the Assessment Provider had a significant effect on her assessment.

Paper Baser Reviews are done for two reasons, primarily because the claimant has supplied sufficient information for a recommendation to be made without seeing them and secondly because there would be a risk of harm to the claimant if a face to face was required and the assessor has been able to confirm this with the claimants medical contacts.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.