× Members

Short notice for PiP appeal

More
6 years 2 months ago #205961 by tigerblue
Short notice for PiP appeal was created by tigerblue
Frind has PiP appeal date for next week. Have meeting booked tomorrow with an adviser. But I’m worried that she should have had helen earlier to prepare papers? Nothing new has been sent to them?
Th appeal application states that the assessor just didn’t write anything relevant. And also that friend afraid to be honest as her daughter was present. She is suicidal.
Can anyone advise on whether she should be asking for postponement or if ok to go ahead? I know she would like it all to be over but also know she needs and deserves the money.
Any help really gladly accepted!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #206012 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Short notice for PiP appeal
Chris

To be honest, and adjournment for a later date may not be an option, the Judge may well take the view that they have had since the appeal was requested to prepare and submit their testimony and evidence.

As it stands they can't really do anything until they meet with the advisor tomorrow, they should definitely raise the timescales with them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #206049 by tigerblue
Replied by tigerblue on topic Short notice for PiP appeal
Thanks. Of course the issue is that her mental health means she didn’t tell anyone!
I’ll be there for her tomorrow so will make sure I get the message across.
Just to say, when I joined again it was because I assumed my own DLA to PiP epic was about to start. Not yet!
But I’ve been learning so much in preparation that I’m very prepared.
Thanks for everything everyone does here!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.