× Members

Paper Based Assessments

More
6 years 2 months ago #207474 by kah22
Paper Based Assessments was created by kah22
I was talking briefly to someone from NI Advice (Northern Ireland Advice) and while I appreciate you won’t have much NI information I thought I’d share this, if only to get an idea of how, or if, we differ

I was been told that Capita are carrying out about 12.5% paper based assesments here in NI, that’s 1 in 8! Much bigger than I thought. He was also telling me that a significant number of these were disappointing results, he didn’t expand on what he meant by ‘disapointing.’ It was a mobile conversation and I was on a busy footpath at the time!

What are the figures like across the water?

Kevin

?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #207488 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Paper Based Assessments
Kevin

I can't find a value for the UK mainland but would put the figure as less than 5% of claims based on what we see in the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #208192 by kah22
Replied by kah22 on topic Paper Based Assessments
Gordon for the Forums information

My original post on PBA in NI was incorrect

I was doing some calculations the other day, taken from NI government statistics
from Sept/Nov. The figures showed there were a grand total of 24,160 claims for PIP in NI (of those 150 fell under special rules the remainder were a mixture of new claims and DLA to pip reassessments)

Of the 24,160 the DfC confirmed, under a FOI request, that 1970
of the above were paper based assessments which is just a fraction over 8%., not 12.5% as I originally stated. Is it safe to assume that the larger number of cases under special rules would be paper based? If so that takes the rest down to about 7.58%

This seems to be much higher than in GB

KEVIN
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris