× Members

Problems with getting home assessment

More
5 years 5 months ago #222942 by Tylluan Penry
Replied by Tylluan Penry on topic Problems with getting home assessment
FInally! I took Gordon's advice and got my MP involved. I eventually had an unexpected assessment over the phone (no warning of it) after another appointment where the assessor didn't attend. It has been an utter farce from start to finish but eventually - and you're going to love this - I was awarded enhanced care and mobility for ten years! (Yes, I know they'll be back before that, but for the moment at least I can breathe, or at least I would if my asthma weren't so bad.)

It's been a dreadful, soul destroying experience, especially because I'm not well anyway. Capita behaved abominably after the first assessment and kept insisting I had to attend an assessment centre, which I cannot do. Even the DWP were trying to get them to change their decision... Capita ignored my doctor's letter after that first home assessment and just kept telling me to 'get a taxi.' What is the matter with them? This has dragged on for months and months, quite needlessly.

At the end it was just sheer bloody-mindedness that kept me going, I think. Anyway, just a huge thank you to Benefits and Work and to Gordon. I couldn't have done it without you.

And a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, James45

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #222958 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Problems with getting home assessment
Magwitch

That really is terrific news, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #222971 by James45
Replied by James45 on topic Problems with getting home assessment
Glad it worked out OK.
I also had a battle with Capita to get a home assessment.
I read a few years ago that Capita, unlike ATOS, seemed happy to do home assessments
So maybe things have changed, and that advice is out of date now.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris