× Members

PiP Face to Face assessment today

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #210342 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PiP Face to Face assessment report

AndrewMoult wrote: Gordon

I’m so depressed right now I was on full DLA care and mobility on the descriptors alone I score 7 points on daily living, due to the gaps not included I’m disqualified from even standard, I’ve just phoned WDP re the report and told them the gaps highlighted to which she said based on my form and the report she can see more than 7 points and it’s better to wait until the CM has assessed the report and claim for the decision as she thinks it will be higher, this is so worrying it’s like being on a knife edge, what do you think?

Although the DM usually follows the assessors recommendation, they don't always do so.

I'm afraid all you can do is wait.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #210375 by AndrewMoult
Replied by AndrewMoult on topic PiP Face to Face assessment report
I thought that, so in the meantime I’m preparing a letter for the reconcideration and appeal if need be, highlighting all sections where the assessor has not included the comments and statements we made regarding everyday living needs. As they say for armed is for warned. So a good thing is that I got the report prior to decision at least I can prepare should I need to.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
5 years 11 months ago #211590 by AndrewMoult
Replied by AndrewMoult on topic PiP Face to Face assessment today
Hi

Well a new confusing update, so here is the story so far, on the 9th April 2018 I received a text message from DWP which said “We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 4 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.” Then on the 17th April 2018 I received a letter from DWP stating that the have now received all the information and are ready to make a decision. So waiting a week or so I then received another text on 29th April 2018 staying “We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 4 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.” confusing or what, so I got on the phone to a lady named Catherine who was very nice and informative, she told me that the CM had requested further information from the PiP assessor last Friday and an answer was received back on the Monday of this week, I phoned on Tuesday, so they don’t know how long it will now be before I receive a decision but the CM is in a position to make a decision she thought and if I wanted I could phone back on Friday this week. So frustrating and confusing. Can anyone shed any light on this please, or give any advice please?

More
5 years 11 months ago #211598 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PiP Face to Face assessment today
Andrew

I would take the information that you have been given as being accurate. It sounds as if the Claims Manager had some concerns with the content of the report, they raised the issues with the assessor and they have provided a reply.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #211601 by AndrewMoult
Replied by AndrewMoult on topic PiP Face to Face assessment report
Hi Gordon

Thank you for that, I did think that might be the reason, fingers crossed

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.