× Members

Discharged from hospital but it is time to renew P

More
6 years 2 months ago #209017 by csutton1
Hi All I was awarded standared rate care and mobility in 2014 and it is up for review in 2019
but I have been discharged from the hospital.
I was waiting for an operation but when they scanned my spine again there was to much damage and the window to do anything had shut. and I was discharged.
with insructions to go back when the problem with my neck affects my arm and hands. which it does but not enought for any treatment given the meds I am already on.
I now have new problems on top of the old, essential tremour in my left hand and arm causing violent shaking when holding something. and I have needed injections into differant joints to relive pain. has anyone got any advice. as I dont like to go to the DR there is not a lot documented now I have been discharged. I also have bouts of depression and went for some counselling about 5 years ago do I need to tell them about it after such a long time. Any help would be much appriciated. Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209032 by Gordon
C

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Your being discharged from the hospital Consultant is not a Change of Circumstances.

Your new symptoms may be but as they appear to be a deterioration in your conditions, the DWP will be a lot less interested in you reporting the Change then if they had improved. If you think that you would reasonably meet the criteria to score the extra points for an Enhanced award of Daily Living or Mobility, then you should consider notifying the DWP.

Understand that reporting a Change will result in a full reassessment of your claim, new PIP2 and almost certainly a face to face assessment, the resulting new Decision will supersede your existing award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #209133 by csutton1
Thank you Gorden. I was just concerned because I don't have any new medical info on my previous claim as I just tend to get on with it.
Why do they send the review forms a year early? If they decide to decline can they stop the last year's payments? I am very worried about it being stopped early and having to appeal again.
Once again thank you for your help.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209181 by Gordon
C

Why do they send the Review form a year early? I'm afraid all I can answer is that it is because they can, obviously renewals on a fixed term award have to start and conclude before the award ends to avoid a period without payment, but I have no idea why the DWP think this needs to take a year.

The reassessment results in a new Decision which will supersede any previous one, so it is possible for you to lose the remaining part of your current award if an adverse Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #209404 by csutton1
Once again thank you. I know they will claw back any half they can. In the past they stopped my DLA so I applied for PIP but no back pay was given. Thank you for all the help you give on this site. I am always telling people about it.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.