× Members

Universal Credit and Severe disability Premium

More
6 years 2 months ago #209357 by 25megroup
Does anyone have any further clarification of what is going to be happening with regards to people transferring to Universal credit and in receipt of SDA? Understand that transitional protection is available but that's only until a change of circumstance takes place, would this include change of bank details, address etc??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209379 by Gordon

25% ME Group wrote: Does anyone have any further clarification of what is going to be happening with regards to people transferring to Universal credit and in receipt of SDA? Understand that transitional protection is available but that's only until a change of circumstance takes place, would this include change of bank details, address etc??

An interesting questions which I can't answer.

The Transitional provisions apply only to ESA and do not include Universal Credit, which was not even a twinkle in IDS's eye at the time that they were written.

Nor does UC offer any Transitional Protection for claims that are not part of a managed transfer, which will not start for a number of years.

The issue would only arise in a UC Full Service area, where legacy ESA is no longer available.

Do you know if you are in one of these?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #209382 by luluspice
Replied by luluspice on topic Universal Credit and Severe disability Premium
I only found out this year we were transfered to ESA from IS, SDA, IB 2015. during this it looks as though hubby lost SDA. He is in support group. but I think we have lost premiums on the way. Hubby lost DLA at PIP assmnt. so we lost carers premium & SDP..BUT I am on High Rate DLA & no one is getting Carers allw because hubby was getting SDA. now we are not getting SDP for me! I think we are among those who are owed money. The whole thing is a mess. Most staff have not heard of SDA as it was stopped in 2001 fro new claims!.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209383 by luluspice
If you are on ESA just now you should get a ESA questionaire. You only get moved to UC if on jobseekers or deemed 'fit for work'. We are still on ESA, not moving to UC.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209386 by Gordon

luluspice wrote: If you are on ESA just now you should get a ESA questionaire. You only get moved to UC if on jobseekers or deemed 'fit for work'. We are still on ESA, not moving to UC.

I'm sorry but this is not correct, ESA(IR) claimants can be moved to UC as a result of making a new claim for one of the other benefits covered by UC such as Housing Benefit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #209397 by luluspice
We were in receipt of HB & CTR prior to moving on to ESA & it has continued. We are in full UC area but we have not been put on UC. Our HB is automatically renewed every year without us applying. thye have tried to make my daughter go on UC but she is my carer & can apply for Income support, but boy have they tried to make it difficult for her!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.