× Members

PIP application turned down for missed appointment

More
5 years 1 week ago #229349 by James
Hi Gordon.

It’s been a very frustrating couple of weeks because the request to have dla reinstated hasn’t been looked at. We received a new assessment date from Capita for next Monday, but it looks like it’s a new request from DWP. The original case was closed so it was a new request. I asked about the back dated pay but they couldn’t give me an answer.

We have finally got a response from an MP who is going to look at the case, which is very good news for us. Hopefully this will make sure that they are following process.

I am in a difficult position because if I refuse the assessment then I may not get another one. On the other hand, if I take it then Helen could lose the back pay she is owed for Motability and care.

The car is so important to Helen and the thought of losing it has pushed Helen to the brink of a breakdown. The car has been extended till Friday but it would take a miracle to keep it now. I hope the MP finally gets involved this week, as this may be our only chance of keeping the car.

Do we have to accept this appointment or can we wait for the DLA to be reinstated. I have been told that I have to accept it and then discuss the back pay later, but I feel that we are being lied to again. I have tried to find cases like this to help me to make the right decision. It’s frustrating because we haven’t had an apology from anyone, and they don’t care about the distress that they have caused.

I would really appreciate your help because the wrong decision may lead to losing all of the back dated payments.

Best Regards

James.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #229380 by Gordon
James

They must attend the assessment, failing to do so will result in the PIP claim being closed and will also terminate the DLA when it is put back into payment. Once an invitation to claim PIP has been issued the claimant cannot retain their DLA whether a PIP award is made or not.

If this is the first appointment then it can be cancelled but they must attend the next one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: James

More
5 years 1 week ago #229475 by James
Hi Gordon.

Thank you for the advice. It’s very frustrating because we have been given the run around by the DWP and Capita. I am waiting for a call back from a msupervisor because I have complained about the delays since the tribunal. I hope I can get a few answers tomorrow because we are out of time for the car.
Helen is very close to a breakdown, so losing the car would be the final straw. She has been referred for counselling by her doctor, at the request of the MS nurse. I am not sure if she can get through the assessment but I will be on hand to help with her mother.

Thank you for all your support. We wouldn’t have got this far without the invaluable advice you have given us.

Kind Regards

James

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.