× Members

PIP Award

More
6 years 2 months ago #209782 by marie4543
PIP Award was created by marie4543
Hi
I was told this morning that my PIP review was successful. I have gone from Standard Living to Enhanced Living component and kept my enhanced mobility.
My question is will this affect my housing benefit? The reason I am asking is as follows. I currently private rent and receive housing benefit. Reading my last letter from the council all PIP was disregarded. They did take into account a small amount of spousal maintenance I receive therefore I pay a small amount towards my rent. Somebody has now told me I will have to cover all the rent myself. As the offices are shut I did the online calculator on the council website and indeed it does say I will lose it all. This would mean I am worse off for getting enhanced living. I thought maybe the calculator wasn't working so tried it again putting my old figures in and it calculates it correctly. If I put the new figures in however I get nothing? I'm just really confused, and worried, as most people keep telling me PIP is disregarded (as it was on my first claim for HB). Nothing else has changed for me. So for being awarded the enhanced component I lose more than I gain and I am worse off. Please don't get me wrong, I am grateful that I got PIP again but the fact I'm worse off potentially is dreadful for me. Just wondering why the calculator did the last lot of figures correctly but not these new ones? Please could you confirm whether or not receiving PIP is disregarded for housing benefit in all cases. Does private rented make a difference? Obviously first time round they already took this into account. As I said, the only thing that has changed is the living component. Sorry to prattle on. I was so stressed, then elated, now stressed again. Thank you in advance. M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #209792 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Award
Marie

I'm afraid we do not deal with Housing Benefit on the forum, the rules and rates for HB are unique to each Local Authority.

Try and get local face to face advice by doing a search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #209800 by marie4543
Replied by marie4543 on topic PIP Award
Sorry I didn't realise. I though PIP was disregarded as a general rule. I will phone them first thing tomorrow. Thanks anyway M

More
6 years 2 months ago #209801 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Award

marie4543 wrote: Sorry I didn't realise. I though PIP was disregarded as a general rule. I will phone them first thing tomorrow. Thanks anyway M

It normally is but it is not a legal requirement for HB as far as I am aware.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #209802 by marie4543
Replied by marie4543 on topic PIP Award
Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.