× Members

PIP form now received

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213051 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP form now received

mumsgirl wrote: Thanks Gordon. What date do you advise I send it? I was thinking Wed 13th, first class tracked, in the hope that it gets there for Friday 15th, as im not sure they would be open on Saturdays?

That sounds fine.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mumsgirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213153 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic PIP form now received
I'm really struggling to fill this form in, im getting panicky and really upset. My mind has gone blank and I can't concentrate or get motivated. I'm worried I won't get it filled in in the 2 weeks I have left. Can I ask them for an extension (even though I don't have a 'proper' reason, other than that i'm having difficulty filling it in, it's not as if im waiting for evidence or anything)?

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213165 by Gordon

mumsgirl wrote: I'm really struggling to fill this form in, im getting panicky and really upset. My mind has gone blank and I can't concentrate or get motivated. I'm worried I won't get it filled in in the 2 weeks I have left. Can I ask them for an extension (even though I don't have a 'proper' reason, other than that i'm having difficulty filling it in, it's not as if im waiting for evidence or anything)?

Yes you can ask for an extension and you seem to have a good reason for doing so, you are struggling to complete it by the required date.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213186 by mumsgirl
Just back from my GP. My usual GP is on holiday and won't be back until after I have to send in the form. I saw another GP who knows me and my condition, and is 'sympathetic' towards mental health issues. But he said he wouldn't fill in the B&W form because he didn't think it would help my case, as he says PIP is nothing like DLA with regards to mental health, it's not fair and it's very unlikely I will get anything unless I have a carer going everywhere with me (which I don't). Does that mean most people don't get it if they have mental illness? He has left the form for my other GP's discretion when she comes back but he feels she won't fill it in either, and the practice don't write support letters. He did say, however, that he knows I am a special case and that the practice will do all they can to help me IF the DWP get in touch. I also have an appointment with a benefits advisor next week. Do you happen to know if benefits advisors attend assessments?

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213192 by Gordon

mumsgirl wrote: Do you happen to know if benefits advisors attend assessments?

I think it very in likely that you will find one that will, many people struggle just to get an appointment.

Gordon

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213212 by mumsgirl
I feel Q11a and Q11b both apply to me, but I presume that if I got points for both only one of the scores would be counted, as opposed to being added together??

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.