× Members

Medical today.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213002 by Paul
Medical today. was created by Paul
Hi, I have my PIP medical today, absolutely terrified. I have a great deal of supporting medical evidence but don't cope with leaving the house well which is exacerbated by going to an unfamiliar place and meeting strangers. My wife will accompany me. I feel dizzy. It will be a struggle to even get out of the car. Wish me luck and ill let you all know how it goes. Thanks for the amazing help I've received so far. Paul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213038 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical today.

Paul wrote: Hi, I have my PIP medical today, absolutely terrified. I have a great deal of supporting medical evidence but don't cope with leaving the house well which is exacerbated by going to an unfamiliar place and meeting strangers. My wife will accompany me. I feel dizzy. It will be a struggle to even get out of the car. Wish me luck and ill let you all know how it goes. Thanks for the amazing help I've received so far. Paul.

Hope it goes well,

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213091 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Medical today.
Hi, So I had my medical yesterday carried out by Atos.
Arrived accompanied by my wife 10 minutes prior to my appointment time. Several people wearing lanyards outside the building. Made me feel slightly nervous. Went in followed by two of the staff. To the 6th floor by lift. Into a very small waiting room. Cameras on the ceiling and reception desk. Waited 80 minutes after my appointment time. Was informed there was a backlog. Finally called into a room by a gentleman who told me he was a nurse. He walked behind me to the assessment room. Asked me all the same questions as on my PIP assessment form. Spent 90% of the time typing. Even my Yes or No answers were followed by a great deal of typing. Said he wouldn't ask me to climb onto the examination bed but tested my grip and leg strength. The whole thing lasted 50 minutes. He then followed me from his room to the lift. When we exited the building, there was a guy taking a picture of the interior of my car. Must be to confirm my driving aids.
Overall, it was a rather uncomfortable experience especially for someone who ventures out rarely. Thanks for your advice and I will let you know when I hear my decision. Paul

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213106 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical today.
Paul

You should hear about a Decision in 2-4 weeks.

You can request a copy of the assessment report by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.