× Members

PIP Decision

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213057 by Craftieness54
PIP Decision was created by Craftieness54
DLA to PIP, should I appeal?
I've been transferred from DLA on which I was receiving low rate care allowance and higher rate mobility.
Under PIP I have been awarded high level care but low level mobility. I requested a mandatory reconsideration but the initial decision was upheld.
Do I go ahead with an appeal? I am concerned that I may end up worse off at this rate.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213064 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Decision

Vanessa wrote: DLA to PIP, should I appeal?
I've been transferred from DLA on which I was receiving low rate care allowance and higher rate mobility.
Under PIP I have been awarded high level care but low level mobility. I requested a mandatory reconsideration but the initial decision was upheld.
Do I go ahead with an appeal? I am concerned that I may end up worse off at this rate.

If you do go onto to appeal and the panel feel that your current award is not supported by the evidence available then the Judge has to warn you of this and adjourn the hearing so that you can decide whether to withdraw your appeal.

How did you expect to qualify for Enhanced Mobility?

What did you score and what for?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213084 by Craftieness54
Replied by Craftieness54 on topic PIP Decision
I was awarded 10 points regarding issues with my mobility.
I fully explained that I cannot cope with crowds, I have anxiety attacks in supermarkets, I'm unable to undertake trips without using a sat nav and then have to use an app on my phone to find my car afterwards, even if I am in a place or town I am familiar with. Visits to unfamiliar, or new places are impossible without being accompanied as my anxiety levels are simply too high to cope safely. I am on medication for anxiety and depression which I told them about on my application and again at my home assessment. They have made this decision without contacting my GP for any form of update or confirmation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213096 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Decision
Vanessa

Were the 10 points awarded for Moving Around or Going Out?

Going Out A Sat Nav is not treated as an aid for PIP, you need to explain the problems that you have with following or navigating a route. If these are not due to a cognitive or sensory problem then you will need to show that you suffer from "overwhelming psychological distress" when trying to follow a route.

Moving Around To score higher you will need to show that you cannot reliably walk more than 20m on the majority of days.

You also have the option of scoring in the other Mobility activity, so if you scored 10 points for Moving Around then you could score the extra points for an Enhanced award by scoring in the Going Out activity and vice versa.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craftieness54

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.