× Members

Just had PIP Review, now ESA

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213058 by olamar
Just had PIP Review, now ESA was created by olamar
Hi I can’t find my previous post on my PIP, but I have just had my PIP award review, which I think was ok with your help, I will let you know the outcome.
Now to main Topic on my ESA Support Group, I was placed in ESA S.G 4 years ago and have received my ESA50 Capability for Work questionnaire. I have a few questions as follows:
1/ I am a bit confused even after reading through your guide, about wether I will need to qualify for the S.G using the S.G Descriptors if any of the descriptors apply to me or do I need to score points on each of the descriptors as I did before, or is both or what.
2/ Reading other threads I guess it’s ok to give copies of my PIP award, but what about adding my copy of the last ESA medical,
3/ I gather that even though this is a renewal claim for me, I still have to tell them everything back to beyond my original claim and all my relavent copies of medical etc that I had sent in before.
My thought process is to give them all previous and new information, as the more I give the better.
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213066 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Just had PIP Review, now ESA
Olamar

1. To be placed in the SG again you need to meet one or more the SG Descriptors, some but not all of the 15 point Descriptors are equivalent to these, the ESA Guides have several sections on qualifying for the SG.

2. You can include information from your PIP Claim but you do need to explain it's relevance to your ESA claim, although there are some areas of overlap the criteria can still be quite different. You can include information from your last ESA assessment but as it is four years old now you will have to explain why it is still relevant to conditions as they are now.

3. Yes treat this as a new claim, send any evidence that you think is relevant, even if you have submitted before.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: olamar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.