× Members

DWP tricks

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213069 by Peter
DWP tricks was created by Peter
I was disallowed PIP and today phoned the DWP and spoke to a case he was quite pleasant and said I can apply for a reconsideration. I said I would be doing so when I had obtained further evidence etc.

An hour later I get a text to say thanks for my request for a reconsideration you should hear in six weeks. They may reconsider it before I can get this stuff in......dirty tricks in my book

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213073 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP tricks
Peter

Phone the DWP office dealing with your claim and tell them that you need time to make a formal request for an MR, they should give your four weeks to do this but send your information as soon as you can as it can take 7-10 days to get to the right department.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213075 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic DWP tricks
Thanks...just as an aside on my f2F assessment they say I coped well...had eye contact...showed motivation came alone....I have diagnosed bi polar, adhd and social phobia....do they expecft that people with mental ill health are like stage jibbering idiots ?, no questions were that in depth......its see4ms to be a bit of a sham I supplied an up to date psychiatric report and my psychiatrist said I was at a high risk of self neglect...I had never thought this....just seems to be ignored.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213076 by Gordon

Peter wrote: Thanks...just as an aside on my f2F assessment they say I coped well...had eye contact...showed motivation came alone....I have diagnosed bi polar, adhd and social phobia....do they expecft that people with mental ill health are like stage jibbering idiots ?, no questions were that in depth......its see4ms to be a bit of a sham I supplied an up to date psychiatric report and my psychiatrist said I was at a high risk of self neglect...I had never thought this....just seems to be ignored.

Do you know the qualifications of the person who assessed you? If they were a Physiotherapist then you can raise concerns on their ability to properly assess someone with mental health issues.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213081 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic DWP tricks
paramedic......

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213092 by Gordon
Peter

You can't assume that the report is deficient but you may be able to show it is if you can show that comments and opinions expressed by the assessor are incorrect, where an assessor with experience of mental health issues would not have made those comments.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.