× Members

PIP Update Form

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213089 by amberkindness
PIP Update Form was created by amberkindness
Hello,
I received the PIP update form as my award runs out in about a year.

My health is the same as it was when I got my award. There have been a few more interventions/help from mental health organisations and my medication has changed.

My last medication was making me unbelievably tired and all I did was slept all the time. My new medication is for severe depression and my Dr recommended me this one as it has relatively few side effects for most people. I seem to be very sensitive/have adverse side effects to most medications. Do I explain this in the form?

I have had a lot of input from various outside organisations to help me remain in work. Currently I have help from NHS Occupational Therapy to help management put in reasonable adjustments and offer support and advice to both myself and management about health concerns within the workplace. I also have help from a couple of outside mental health organisations, one is peer support and they are trained counselors and offer support/advice regarding day to ay problems faced by M.H condition and the other is a befriender as I struggle mixing with others and accompanies and participates in activity as I'm unable to do this myself. Do I mention this? The befiender is temporary and will probably be coming to an end soon. This is added help but my health remains the same, is this something I should add too?

Also I never put this in my PIP form and I'm reluctant to add it as it might make them more inclined to send me to a face to face. Communication - Due to my m.h problems namely anxiety/unhelpful thoughts I find the way people look at me quite threatening, this can be worsened when I'm under stress. fatigued, anxious. Should I mention this? I knew this was a problem before but did not see this as something to add to my PIP form as I had explained my problems with mixing with others although the above was not explained.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213102 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Update Form
amberkindness

If there have been changes to your medication or treatment that have caused changes to the limitations that you have then these have to be recorded on the form, especially if they have resulted in an improvement in your problems.

If you have problems with Mixing with Other People then you should document these and if the person helping you with this will no longer be supporting you, how you will cope with this.

The Communication activity is about your physical ability to communicate with others, issues such as your problem with the way that people look at you would come under Mixing with Other People. If you don't mention them then they cannot be considered. I don't think your doing so will have any major impact on whether you have to have a face to face.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213150 by amberkindness
Replied by amberkindness on topic PIP Update Form
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your response.

The change to my medication doesn't effect my limitations. Tiredness and fatigue are due to anxiety and various mental health problems. The medication I was on previously made me more tired and fatigued but my medication is not the cause of my limitations. Is there a PIP review form guide on the members only section? I couldn't find it earlier.

Thanks in advance.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213164 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Update Form
amberkindness

It's covered in the PIP Claim guide. Remember it's just a different form the criteria you are being assessed against remains the same.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: amberkindness

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.