× Members

Disability Premiums and living alone

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213161 by LarryD
Disability Premiums and living alone was created by LarryD
There are disability premiums that may be added to ESA and whether one lives alone is one of the factors.

I am currently filling out ESA50 to renew my claim for ESA. I can't see anything about living alone. I'm also filling out PIP2 and I can't see anything about living alone. And I don't think there's anything about living alone in the PIP1 phone call. So how is it established whether I live alone?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213172 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Disability Premiums and living alone
Larry

To receive any of the Premiums you must ne receiving Income Related ESA or entitled to receive ESA(IR). ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

The following explains the criteria for the Premiums.

ESA Premiums

If you think you are eligible for any of these and you are eligible for ESA(IR) is to contact the DWP office dealing with your claim, they will send you the documentation you will need to complete to show eligibility.

If you are not receiving ESA(IR) but believe you should be, then contact the DWP and ask for an ESA3 form to be sent, this will enable them to do a financial assessment to see if you are.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LarryD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.