× Members

unsure if it is worth bothering?

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213189 by Dave
unsure if it is worth bothering? was created by Dave
Hello in January of this year i failed an ESA medical as i was only awarded 9 points i have lodged an appeal and still await a court date ,In the meantime i was told to apply for universal credit which i did ,after filling 2 assesment forms (one went missing ?) i now have a medical for a Saturday at very short notice .My question is what will happen if i win my appeal and yet still are found fit for work with new medical ?.
My advisor seems to be telling me i am wasting my time and it is not worth going to appeal ?.
I am finding the whole process confusing and upsetting .
I had planned on using evidence from my PIP medical that i was awarded till mid 2019 yet i have already had a new set of forms sent to me (which again they are saying they have not recieved ).
My last question if i may is that although i have a doctors sick note i am being sent on a course and i am told i will be sanctioned if i do not attend ,is that correct ?, i really do feel hassled and bullied and do not know what to do for the best .
My ESA appeal is in St Helens can anyone indicate a scale of how much longer i need to wait ?
Regards .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213196 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic unsure if it is worth bothering?
Dave

It is worth pursuing your appeal but the new Decision from your UC claim will limit any result that you get from it. That said, you will only receive back payment if you are placed in the Support Group.

Contact the venue for your hearing, they should be able to give you an idea of wait times.

You can use the information from your PIP claim to support your ESA appeal but you must show it's relevance to your claim, even where there are overlaps between the two benefits, the criteria can still be different.

I'm afraid it is down your UC advisor to set activities for you that they feel are relevant and realistic for you at this time. I'm afraid all I can suggest is you talk to them about the problems you would have attending. Being ill under UC is very different from under ESA, at least until a Decision is made on your being unfit for work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.