× Members

Travelling to the ES Assessment

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213209 by D
Hi, I just joined and subscribed yesterday for the year and i've read about travelling to the assessment by public transport that all types of assumptions can be made about you. like going out alone. planning a journey etc.
i suffer from mental Health problems so i'm planning to get a taxi there and pay for it by myself otherwise i might just walk as its only 2 miles away. Regards to getting a taxi or walking there. Will less assumptions be made compared to travelling there by 2 different buses for example,?
Hope you will be able to answer this for me.
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213217 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Travelling to the ES Assessment
D

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explain where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Going by Taxi will certainly reduce the assumptions that will be made but you would still be travelling alone, can anybody go with you to the appointment, ideally they would sit in the assessment but at the least they could stay in reception.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213228 by D
Replied by D on topic Travelling to the ES Assessment
Thanks for the very quick reply.
I might be able to get someone to go with me.
Just one more question for you to answer when you get some free time.
I signed up for Universel credit at the start of April and i hand in. my not fit for work notes to the Job center every month but every second week they still want me to go to the job center for my weekly appointment and then the other weeks they do a phone appointment.
I'm just wondering should i complain that i find it too stressful to go there while im ill or should i not make a fuss and just go there every second week? Sometimes i just go there to tell them im doing therapy which they already know anyway and i can easily tell them this on the phone. So it kind of makes no sense.
Thanks for your assistance with this

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213234 by Gordon
D

Unfortunately under UC it is down to the DWP advisor what level of activity they set while a claimant waits to be assessed for Limited Capability for Work. I would discuss the situation with your advisor and see what they say, although hopefully you will be excused all Work Related Activity when a Decision is made following your assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: D

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213257 by D
Replied by D on topic Travelling to the ES Assessment
Thanks for the reply Gordon, i really appreciate it.

I received my UC50 form a couple of days ago and i have to send it back by the 27th of June, when do you think roughly i should have to go the medical assessment?
I first claimed at the start of April.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #213267 by Gordon

D wrote: Thanks for the reply Gordon, i really appreciate it.

I received my UC50 form a couple of days ago and i have to send it back by the 27th of June, when do you think roughly i should have to go the medical assessment?
I first claimed at the start of April.

It will depend where you are, large cities have fairly low wait times of a couple of weeks to a couple of months, towns and rural areas have quite long waits of six months or more.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: D

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.