× Members

Assessment report

More
6 years 1 week ago #213626 by Libby
Assessment report was created by Libby
I had my pip review face to face assessment on the 29th may , I rang the dwp asking for a copy of the assessment report and was told that I coulnt request a copy until I had received a decision on my pip claim from the dwp ,. On gordans advice imy husband rang again and they agreed to that in fact we could have a copy of it ? . It arrived today and has so many inaccuracies it's unbelievable !!! , I had my previous assessment 3yrs ago and I'm on enhanced rate for care and mobility , but according to the new assessment hp ,she says that some of the activities suggested higher disability on previous assessment ,that she considers are less now ,such as , she asked me if I could raise both arms above my head ,which I absolutely cannot and she said that's ok ,but she has stated on the report that because I was crying during the assessment and could dab my eyes with a tissue ,then that meant I didn't need help with washing and dressing upper body !! Unless my eyes are literally on the top of head I don't understand how using a tissue to dry my eyes has any bearing on the functional ability to dress ect ? , There are several things like that in the report and my question is , should I contact d,w,p, now and about my concerns or do I have to wait until I get a decision first ? Then challenge the report inaccuracies ? . Also I have had a MRI guided steroid injection this week on my left shoulder because of the pain ect and I have been told it may or may not help me , I also use a crutch on my left side which increases the strain ect on my shoulder ,so my question is because I've had this done after my assessment , would this be considered new evidence ? . .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #213634 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment report
Libby

There's a small window for you to write to the DWP with your concerns about the report.

You can mention the injection in your letter, but they may choose to ignore it as it was after the assessment and yo need to be aware that most DMs take a very positive view of treatment, assuming it will relive or even remove symptoms.

I would make it clear that you letter is not a request for an MR should the letter arrive after a Decision has been made.

It may be worth giving them a call to see if one has been made before you send the letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 6 days ago #213686 by Libby
Replied by Libby on topic Assessment report
Thankyou Gordon
My husband rang dwp yesterday to see if they had made a decision yet and after 65mins on hold he finally got through and they said they had received the hp report but not made a decision yet . I think I will wait for the decision before challenging the descriptors and hp inaccuracies in the assessment report ,. Also is there a way I can roughly add up the points for daily living based on the descriptors the hp chose ? I don't know how many I need for enhanced , although I think it's 12 points for mobility ? .

More
6 years 4 days ago #213725 by Gordon
Libby

it's 12 points for both components and 8 points for a Standard award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 4 days ago #213762 by Libby
Replied by Libby on topic Assessment report
Thankyou Gordon
I worked out the number of points on my assessment report copy ,is 18 for daily living and 16 for mobility , but I'm not sure if the DM takes the recommendations from the hp report or not ? .

More
6 years 4 days ago #213772 by Gordon

Libby wrote: Thankyou Gordon
I worked out the number of points on my assessment report copy ,is 18 for daily living and 16 for mobility , but I'm not sure if the DM takes the recommendations from the hp report or not ? .

They usually do.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Libby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.