× Members

ESA home visit

More
5 years 10 months ago #213894 by shazza1uk
ESA home visit was created by shazza1uk
Hi for a change in not asking for myself but my best friend Jacquie who has Rheumatoid Arthritis. So, Jacquie has been put through the benefits wringer with regards to stress etc. She had a PIP home assessment & was given enhancef rate for both care & mobility, then a week or so later ESA decided her claim needed reviewing. They booked an assessment & she needed a home assessment so after drs letter etc they agreed to a home assessment for her. That was 7 months ago & she has not heard a peep since, In total now since her PIP claim followed by EDS she's been going through this unneeded stress for 19 months. Is there any time limit for ESA to carry out home assessments once agreed that one is needed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #213897 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA home visit
shazza

I'm afraid there is no timescale in which an assessment needs to be complete within. Most of the UK has waiting times of 6-9 months and that is for assessments in Maximus's offices, home assessments may be longer.

She can try contacting her MP to see if the DWP will prioritise her claim.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.