× Members

Pip2 home assessment date received

More
5 years 9 months ago #213918 by Lady_in_bed
Pip2 home assessment date received was created by Lady_in_bed
Like most people I am extremely anxious about my home assessment in just under 2 weeks. I don't know where to start. I didn't have to ask for the home visit luckily they just granted me one so at least I don't have to fight to get that.
I am a natural worrier and I really don't know how I will get through it and jut feel they will fail me or lower my award. I'm scared of them lying about me or forgetting things in the assessment. I'm scared I wont cope well if the assessment is long.
Also what if I am too ill that day and have to be in bed would they have to re schedule as this happens a lot.
My GP has also referred me for a wheelchair since I filled in the form, does this matter or not? I haven't got it yet its still in the process but do I have to mention this?
Also will my assessor have read my whole Pip2 form and extra information I sent in or will they just rely on the face2face? I feel was it really worth filling in the form if it doesn't get read

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #213920 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip2 home assessment date received
LiB

I know you will read on this forum that a lot of member are having problems with their assessments but the posting on here represent a very small proportion of the actual number of assessments that are actually carried out and in the majority of cases the assessment is done professionally and the claimant receives the award that they deserve.

If you are ill on the day, then this would not be a reason for the assessor to re-schedule, your being ill is a part of your conditions and impacts on your ability to complete the PIP activities so it is perfectly valid for you to be assessed in this situation.

Yes, I would mention the wheelchair referral.

Yes, the assessor should have read your form and anything attached to it.

Best of luck and try not worry too much :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lady_in_bed

More
5 years 7 months ago #216386 by Lady_in_bed
Replied by Lady_in_bed on topic Pip2 home assessment date received
I finally got my Pip award letter, Enhanced for both Care and Mobility with an ongoing review time of max 2028.
Of course I am very relieved to not have to go through the stress of tribunals etc, I am so grateful for that.
Thankyou to all at Benefitsandwork for your brilliant guides and support, please don't ever close down, you help so many people.
Thankyou to you Gordon for your dedicated support on this forum, it is so much for 1 person and you are so very much appreciated. I really do hope the site can get some extra moderators to help soon

Thankyou so much!

More
5 years 7 months ago #216388 by Gordon
LiB

That's fantastic news, well done.

Gordon

tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #216447 by Dawn
Replied by Dawn on topic Pip2 home assessment date received
I just came onto the site to look for some answers on a home visit as I have been told I will have to have a pip home visit appointment and as I have several health and mental conditions I am terrified and beside myself knowing I have to go through this and am wondering what it is like as some reports suggest they touch you and/or look around your home and I am against both of those happening..

Congratulations @Lady_in_bed on your result that's fantastic news and if you were up to it be so kind as to offer me some advice on what happens at a home assessment please..as I am climbing the walls here.

More
5 years 7 months ago #216457 by Gordon
Dawn

Hopefully, Lib will reply as well.

You do not have to accept any physical activity or examination that will cause you unreasonable physical or mental distress, refuse the activity but explain why you are doing so.

The assessor is a guest in your house and has no more right to look around than any other guest, however, it is very unlikely that they will actually ask in the first place.

The PIP Claim guide has sections on the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.