× Members

Esa reassessment

More
5 years 10 months ago #213919 by bluebell
Esa reassessment was created by bluebell
Hi filled in my reassessment ESA50 and sent it back 31st May, I received a letter from DWP today dated 7th June. It read we have looked at your claim again following a recent change. The letter is the same as the yearly one's to say which group, as in support group and details of payment. Is it possible that a decision has been made without a f2f please?.has anyone else had this? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #213921 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa reassessment

bluebell wrote: Hi filled in my reassessment ESA50 and sent it back 31st May, I received a letter from DWP today dated 7th June. It read we have looked at your claim again following a recent change. The letter is the same as the yearly one's to say which group, as in support group and details of payment. Is it possible that a decision has been made without a f2f please?.has anyone else had this? Thanks.

It's not impossible that a Decision has been made but I would be very surprised if one has, the simplest answer is for you to ring the DWP and ask. :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluebell

More
5 years 10 months ago #213922 by bluebell
Replied by bluebell on topic Esa reassessment
Thanks Gordon, my daughter is going to try for me tomorrow. Do the DWP send you a letter like this? I have never had a letter like this before referring to a recent change. This is why I was asking if anyone else has had a letter like this after sending their ESA50 back. She has tried to ring them on the number on the letter but us having difficulty getting through.

More
5 years 10 months ago #213923 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa reassessment

bluebell wrote: Thanks Gordon, my daughter is going to try for me tomorrow. Do the DWP send you a letter like this? I have never had a letter like this before referring to a recent change. This is why I was asking if anyone else has had a letter like this after sending their ESA50 back. She has tried to ring them on the number on the letter but us having difficulty getting through.

To be honest all of the ESA letters are confusing, it's a bit late for the annual entitlement letter, have you contacted the DWP office dealing with your claim recently, I've heard that this can generate a "change" letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 10 months ago #213926 by bluebell
Replied by bluebell on topic Esa reassessment
No I haven't, that's why I thought it strange, as I said the only change has been filling the form in and sending it back. I had my annual letter back in January. Thank you

More
5 years 10 months ago #213930 by Mollie
Replied by Mollie on topic Esa reassessment
When I was recently speaking to someone at the DWP, they explained these letters to me. Apparently, when they go into a claim electronically they have to click on a box to stop a letter being issued and sometimes they forget, and we get letters out-of-the-blue which are frightening, to say the least.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bluebell

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.