× Members

PIP How your disability affects you

More
5 years 10 months ago #213959 by John
I accompanied my neighbour to her appointment last week and today she has told me she s worried how the appointment went. She was asked to read from a card and did quite well there is nothing wrong with her eyes only old age. She was asked how many minutes she could walk and she thought they would be asking how many steps. She was asked to sit down and do some easy exercises I felt she did a lot better than usual and she said she felt she had to do her best as she felt embarrass . I want to stop her worrying until she gets the results, is there any light you can throw on this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #213965 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP How your disability affects you
John

Your comments suggest a reasonably normal assessment.

It's almost impossible to second guess the result of an assessment based on how it went, we have seen the worst assessment result In the highest award and the best score no points whatsoever.

The only thing that I can suggest is that she request a copy of her assessment report by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.