× Members

DLA transfer to PIP

More
5 years 7 months ago #220750 by RedRed
Replied by RedRed on topic DLA transfer to PIP
This is so tedious. I can't just request a mandatory reconsideration, I have to make a case. Again. After I already spent the summer on their form. Then I'll be making another case to request an appeal, no doubt, and then yet another for the appeal hearing itself. Meanwhile, all they do is sit about and lie!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #220752 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA transfer to PIP
RR

Yes, you can just request an MR but why would the DWP change their Decision?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220761 by RedRed
Oh, I'm confused now. It's probably me, not thinking straight. I thought the steps are - first you request a mandatory reconsideration, so they review their decision, then if they fail you again, you request an appeal.

I'm sure I read something in the guide that you can't just go ahead and request an appeal straight off.

But like I say, my eyes aren't recovered yet, and I'm worn out. :( I don't know what I'm doing,

More
5 years 7 months ago #220762 by RedRed
Oh, it's in your advice, here:

"The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim"

I'm confused... so I shouldn't request a MR?

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #220781 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA transfer to PIP
RedRed

Ignore my comment I misread your post, sorry for the confusion.

Yes, you need to request an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RedRed

More
5 years 7 months ago #220835 by RedRed
That's ok. I'm just fed up I have to repeat the same information over and over. Sometimes they accept it, sometimes they argue, sometimes they reject it. And with my illness, I forget loads of details, make mistakes, get confused. It's awful. Sometimes, I remember how I was when it all started and I realised something was wrong. Other times, my mind goes blank. I was just thinking last night, maybe I should just write myself a script! Like a salesperson. Then all I do is repeat the same sentences every time the DWP come at me. grrrrrrr

aaaand breathe...

I couldn't sleep last night, then today, I just didn't wake up. It's 10.30pm and I'm just having my first cup of tea. :( How I'm going to get to an advice centre, or make a phone call, or get something sent, I don't know.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.