× Members

PIP assessment tomorrow

More
5 years 9 months ago #214620 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment tomorrow

mumsgirl wrote: Sorry, i've just noticed the link you sent me is for the guide dated 31st July. I have been using the last version (May I think?), can you tell me what the main differences are please?

The latest guide includes the guidance issued last week by the DWP in regard to meeting the Going Out activity due to mental heath problems. The previous guide already had most of this from the UTT Decision in January so the changes are just to bring us in-line, for example where specific wording is used.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mumsgirl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #214627 by mumsgirl
Replied by mumsgirl on topic PIP assessment tomorrow
I don't suppose you are allowed to take your copy of the PIP form and read the answers off that lol?

More
5 years 9 months ago #214628 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment tomorrow

mumsgirl wrote: I don't suppose you are allowed to take your copy of the PIP form and read the answers off that lol?

You can take a copy of the form but I would be surprised if the questions allow you to read from the form but if they do then you need to explain why you are doing so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 9 months ago #214634 by ann
Replied by ann on topic PIP assessment tomorrow
Hi mumsgirl. I have just gone through the assessment with my daughter who has mental health issues and I tend to agree that there is little or no support for mental health issues and the DWP prescriptors provide a no point system for either self harm or attempted suicide. My daughter has Aspergers and throughout the whole process this has been ignored. I am going to do a Mandatory Reconsideration and I will take them on as I have no choice as my daughter will be financially destitute and now I am aware why so many homeless are living on the streets. Many I would believe with mental health problems.

More
5 years 9 months ago #214652 by mumsgirl
Thanks for replying Ann. Good luck to your daughter because unfortunately she is going to need it! You should defo go for an MR because you have nothing to lose. It's the same here with homeless, there is so many here. I actually saw a man drinking out of a puddle a few weeks ago, it frightened me and brought tears to my eyes and I thought "that will be me soon"

More
5 years 9 months ago #214656 by mumsgirl
Back from the assessment now.I didn't take a copy. Don't feel it went well. Basically she asked me the same questions as was on the form but in a different way, to trip me up I feel. For example the question about handling mail and bills she said can you read your own mail and bills. I said yes (because I can read, I have never claimed I couldn't). Then the question about being able to cook she asked if I knew how to make toast and beans, which I do. As for bathing, sometimes I leave the water running and it floods, but she said what would you do if the water overflowed, I said mop it up and put towels down. I also have a problem with my ear that happens intermittently but is getting more frequent, severe and lasts for longer. I said when it first started it was about twice a year but now it's got more frequent and ive had it 6 times times this year so far. So she said so you get it at least twice a year, which I suppose is technically correct but doesn't sound as bad as 6 times so far this year. She also asked me how much my council tax was and I told her I don't know (I honestly don't), she didnt believe me and said you must know how much to pay each month, but I told her no as it comes off the mandate they sent me and that all I know its that its the same amount every month. She asked if I smoked (which I dont) but I have no idea why. I suppose I better not worry about it just now until I see the actual results, but ive come away feeling more anxious than ever and thinking I should have said this, I should have said that. I just hope the DWP take into account the form I filled in because I explained things alot better there and had more time to think about it. I also asked if they contact the GP and she said yes but they don't always get back to us because it's a breach of confidentiality?? I said well you have my permission to contact them as I have nothing to hide. I also supplied a psychiatrist letter (albeit from a few years ago) and asked if she read it, she said no because it was too blurry and she couldn't make it out (it explained what was wrong with me, how it couldnt be fixed and for the same reason why I was being discharged). I noticed that when I gave her an answer she typed a big long story (much longer than the answer I gave) and that she selected things from a drop down list that I couldn't make out because I was too far away. I hate this whole thing, how it upsets your whole life and exacerbates your illnesses. All just to be able to put food on the table and pay basic bills. Plus, I suspect, my ESA is due soon!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.