× Members

ESA Question

More
5 years 9 months ago #214732 by joshisidhu
ESA Question was created by joshisidhu
Hi Gordon,

I received a letter regarding ESA today.

On the 1st page, it says, “From 2 June 2018 your ESA will be xx a week.” (same amount I've been getting)

"This is because of:
A change in money coming in"

On the last page, it says, “The amounts on this page apply from 2 June 2018 to 27 July 2018.”

My DLA ends on 31 July 2018 and I get my first PIP payment on 27 Aug 2018 (four weeks in arrears).

Do you think I need to contact ESA to notify that I’ve transferred from DLA to PIP?

Because reading that line on the last page makes me think they might be under the impression that my DLA has ended, and they don’t have to pay me SDP and EDP when the same amount should continue…

(My DLA was higher rate care and lower rate mobility - PIP is enhanced rate for both).

Best wishes,

Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #214740 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Question
Josh

Yes contact the DWP office dealing with your claim, historically there have been problems but I thought we had got past them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshisidhu

More
5 years 9 months ago #214746 by joshisidhu
Replied by joshisidhu on topic ESA Question
Hi Gordon,

Thank you for your reply.

Once I've contacted the DWP, I'll come back to the forum to let you all know what they said.

Thanks,

Josh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
5 years 9 months ago #214971 by joshisidhu
Replied by joshisidhu on topic ESA Question
Hi Gordon,

My support worker phoned the DWP today.

They said the letter was "triggered by the system" and that they were aware of my PIP award.

The same amount will continue until I am reassessed or moved to UC.

Thanks,

Josh
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.