× Members

getting enhanced mobility a problem

• Christine Courtliff
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #216064 by Christine Courtliff
getting enhanced mobility a problem was created by Christine Courtliff
Hi Im going to Tribunal in August 28th this month.
Ive not been out for 4 years due to a wedge spinal fracture I had 2005 a bulging disk,,osteo arthritis in every joint ...neck shoulders wrists knees hips,fybromyalgia,asthma,menopause,under active thyroid and type 2 diabetes. I cant stand for more than a minute dues to severe pains in my spine and legs ,so walking is almost impossible .I have a stair lift blue badg e.downstairs shower and toilet and an automatic car./ I cant really go out without my husband I also have panick attacks and anxiety ..... really need a bigger car to put my mobility scooter in with one of those hoists to lift it out. I won my tribunal last july for standard rate mobility ..but i had to have another assesment on the 9th aug .....they took it off me again. How can i prove how much pain im in i]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #216068 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic getting enhanced mobility a problem
C

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Medication and in particular dosage will be an important factor. Individuals feel pain differently so there can be considerable variation n what claimants take but someone taking Paracetamol is going to be less credible than someone on a morphine derivative.

What you can do will speak to your levels of pain nit just in your walking but in other activities that you might do.

Are then any things that you do that argue against your pain, as perhaps a silly example; going shopping would be an issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.