× Members

Light touch statement

More
5 years 8 months ago #216075 by Rossi1999
Light touch statement was created by Rossi1999
Is there any news on which conditions or scales of PIP are to receive a light touch approach? It was said to be made at the end of the summer (whenever that is). Are there any indications that is already being done from the outcomes of the latest batch of 1043 forms?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #216082 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Light touch statement
Rossi

There are no updates at the moment, the summer still has six weeks to run :(

Given the approach taken for ESA, I am expecting any decisions not to reassess PIP awards to only be made after another assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #216084 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Light touch statement

Gordon wrote: Rossi

There are no updates at the moment, the summer still has six weeks to run :(

Given the approach taken for ESA, I am expecting any decisions not to reassess PIP awards to only be made after another assessment.

Gordon

Gordon I can see it happening like that two. But that's not classed as a light touch, to me it would be classed as another review know different to what it is now?

To be honest mines not due till at least 2027... I defo won't bother again as I won't have up to date evidence then as No cure for mine and been parked.

So in reality I'm buggered. Light touch my eye more like more interrogations.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Gordon. Reason: Fixed quote

More
5 years 8 months ago #216089 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Hi all this is the nearest I could find about the above subject...

The change will ensure that those with severe or progressive conditions receive an award which reflects the fact that their condition will not improve.

"The government will be working with stakeholders to design the light touch review process – for example, by providing information on services available and ensuring that contact or bank details have not changed"

DWP are still finalising details of the guidance and will publish it later this summer. From disability rights uk www.disabilityrightsuk.org/news/2018/jun...re-health-conditions

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

More
5 years 8 months ago #216091 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Light touch statement
TG

The reality is that we are not going to really know what is happening until 2023 when the first On-Going awards will be looked at potentially.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 8 months ago #216093 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar

Gordon wrote: TG

The reality is that we are not going to really know what is happening until 2023 when the first On-Going awards will be looked at potentially.

Gordon

I get that Gordon, and realise the first batch wont be until 2023, but it will be as we know at a disadvantage whatever they decide about a light touch. I've promised myself No more assessments period for either PIP or ESA hopefully I will be at peace by the time mines comes around again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.