× Members

Carers Allowance - result and timings

More
5 years 8 months ago #216177 by bbzpda
Delighted to get a letter today saying I have been awarded Carers Allowance!

Big thanks to all for the advice on this site.

The process has taken 10 weeks!!!

When you ring up, which I did last week, I was told the current expected processing time is 8 weeks.

The only thing I am a bit concerned about is an odd line in my letter, which reads "We will write to you each year between April and June to work out if you will get a Class 1 NI credit from us"

Does this mean they reassess you every year or do they mean they will write to inform me about Class 1? It's the words 'work out' which seem odd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #216191 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers Allowance - result and timings

PDA wrote: Delighted to get a letter today saying I have been awarded Carers Allowance!

Big thanks to all for the advice on this site.

The process has taken 10 weeks!!!

When you ring up, which I did last week, I was told the current expected processing time is 8 weeks.

The only thing I am a bit concerned about is an odd line in my letter, which reads "We will write to you each year between April and June to work out if you will get a Class 1 NI credit from us"

Does this mean they reassess you every year or do they mean they will write to inform me about Class 1? It's the words 'work out' which seem odd.

I'm not sure what this comment is about, they have never written to me about this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.