× Members

PIP & Carer's Allowance

More
5 years 6 months ago #217685 by Augustus
PIP & Carer's Allowance was created by Augustus
Good Morning

I have been receiving PIP higher rate (both) firbsime time, but nié my sister, who need to devote more time to me, and who lives with me, wishes to claim Carer's Allowance.

Thecfirm is rather ambiguous as to whether she receiving Carer's would affect my PIP. THe form says the DWP will look at my PIP claim and I have to sign that part of the form accepting this,

Can you confirm whether or not a relative receiving Carers with affect my PIP claim?

I also receive contribution based ESA Support group and am also worried that might be looked at and be affected to by my sister claiming for Carers. I do not receive severe disability premium.
Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #217699 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP & Carer's Allowance
Augustus

Your sister claiming CA will not have any effect on your PIP or ESA(CB).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.