× Members

Mandatory reconsideration

More
5 years 7 months ago #217759 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Fls

It is not the limitation that causes you the most distress that will be considered the law requires those assessing you to consider the one(s) that affect you on the majority of days.

So either, on the majority of days, you have problems going out, or

having gone out, on the majority of days you cannot follow a route

You have to decide which option fits your problems better.

In both cases, you will need to show "overwhelming psychological distress"

The DWP Decision Maker will decide which Descriptors you meet based on a recommendation from the assessor, at the moment they are saying that you have problems going out but not sufficiently for you to meet the criteria for being Unable to Undertake a Journey.

If you do not have it then you can request a copy of the assessment report by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fls

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #217765 by Fls
Replied by Fls on topic Mandatory reconsideration
Thank you it is all very confusing as I feel I come under them all but it seems can only apply for one seeing as I got points for planning and following a journey what criteria would you suggest I appeal for I think e but I think you are saying I can’t do that?is there another one which you think matches to me as I can see I fall under all of the them.

Also for the daily living part of PIP I have scored enough points to be awarded the enhanced rate but on looking at a few of them I think I should have scored higher do you think that is worth challenging? Or do you think it is going to cause more stress as I am trying to deal with the Mobility part of PIP but then when it comes for renewing I don’t want to score lower when initially should’ve been a lot higher in the first place but it’s just a lot more stress to do all that. On the form for the mandatory reconsideration do I have to go into a lot of detail or am I just sort of putting bullet points for now as to why I feel I should’ve got more points than what I got?

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #217768 by Gordon
Fls

From your first post, you said that you had scored four points for needing Prompting to Undertake a Journey, this is nothing to do with your planning and follow a route.

I'm not saying what you can and cannot do but what you have scored for, your conditions and your posts to date all indicate that your primary issue is with Undertaking a Journey and not with Following a Route one you have gone out.

You are wasting your time and more importantly risking your award challenging being underscored for the DL component when you already have an Enhanced award

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fls

More
5 years 7 months ago #217774 by Fls
Thankyou Gordon interestingly I have just re-read the my decision bit and one sentence stands out for me this is what it says I agree you have difficulties planning and following journeys?

More
5 years 7 months ago #217775 by Fls
When I send in my mandatory written reconsideration will they not look at my daily living part also anyway so am I already under threat of having that looked at it if you understand what I mean?

More
5 years 7 months ago #217777 by Gordon

Fls wrote: Thankyou Gordon interestingly I have just re-read the my decision bit and one sentence stands out for me this is what it says I agree you have difficulties planning and following journeys?

But you have to be able to go out for these things to be considered!

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.