× Members

DWP letter date and date of receipt

More
5 years 7 months ago #217716 by randal_bond
DWP letter date and date of receipt was created by randal_bond
Hi,

today I have received a letter from DWP with mandatory reconsideration decision. Just want to share that all letters with decisions from DWP, in my experience, have a discrepancy between the date on the letter and the date when the letter has arrived.

My Mandatory Reconsideration letter was dated 6/09 but I received it only today - a week later. The same happened with the letter on assessment results (award decision). That one had even more than a week difference. It looks like after the letter is done, it's left lying for a few days before being sent. This way we don't get the whole month to make an appeal/request for Mandatory reconsideration but three weeks, if any. Funny enough, all other letters from DWP (that didn't require any action on my part) came within 2-3 days.

Has anybody had the same experience?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #217718 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP letter date and date of receipt
RB

Letters like this are not left lying around for a few days before they are sent, the process of sending a Decision Letter actually takes that long!

These letters are not written by the DM directly, they are requested on an online system and amended to include information relevant to the claimant, the request is then picked up by an offline process that schedules all of the letters for printing, the letters are printed in bulk and enveloped in Belfast and then sent second class to the claimant and all of that takes 7-10 days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: randal_bond

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.