× Members

Backdated Enhanced Disability Premium

More
5 years 6 months ago #217756 by daisy37
Backdated Enhanced Disability Premium was created by daisy37
Hello,

I wondered if you could help me with the following:-

My son was transferred form IB(Y) to ESA.

My husband is his Appointee and he has received a letter from the DWP about the backdating of the Enhanced Disability Premium.

They are going to phone him about it.

I wondered if you could tell us what information they will require over the phone so he can have it ready?

I know he will then be receiving Income Related ESA which will eventually be transferred to Universal Credit. Is the assessment process any different from Contribution ESA?

Thanking you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #217767 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Backdated Enhanced Disability Premium
Daisy

The questions will only be general ones to see whether a form should be sent for more detailed information in broad terms they will fall into three categories, his income if any, his savings and assets and for completeness, any hours that a partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: daisy37

More
5 years 6 months ago #217770 by keeptrying
Replied by keeptrying on topic Backdated Enhanced Disability Premium
Hi,
I would just like to add - if he is already on contribution based ESA, then he will remain on that - and the Income related 'bit' will just be added to it.

Also, when they ring, they will probably give you the option of going through the form with them over the phone (ESA3 form)
and for that you will need financial info/work and training info/housing and who else he lived with/other benefits - all AT THE TIME OF MIGRATION from IB to ESA
the form does NOT require information about medical conditions
If you don't want to do the form over the phone, they can send it to you or make another phone appt.
hope this helps a bit
The following user(s) said Thank You: daisy37, Tommy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.