× Members

ESA claim or UC

More
5 years 8 months ago #217966 by vjenner
ESA claim or UC was created by vjenner
Hi Guys, my husband gets contributions based ESA in support group and gets PIP, I work 16 hours and get PIP. However, my health is in fast decline (I have MS and ankylosing spondylitis) and I am struggling to work. If I stopped work would I be added on to his ESA claim or have to make a UC claim (we are in full service area). Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #217977 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA claim or UC
Vix

Proving there is nothing else preventing your husband from being eligible for Income Related ESA such as your savings, see

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

or other income such as a pension then he should be able to add you to his claim.

What awards of PIP do you both have? If you both have Daily Living awards and no one else lives with you then you should also be eligible for the couples rate of the Severe Disability Premium, about £120/week.

Put your information into one of the online benefit calculators to get a better idea of what you might receive.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.