× Members

M.E.

More
5 years 6 months ago #218889 by lou.q
Replied by lou.q on topic M.E.
I totally agree with you that there are different levels of ME and everybody is different. It is so hard to get through to people what we suffer as its an invisible illness. Today I finally got the news I was waiting for that they are continuing to pay me ESA and I still stay in the support group. They have also stated that they wont ask me to go another assessment unless there is a change in my health condition. I have been in the support group since it was changed over from Incapacity Benefit. I also have COPD and Bronchiectasis which will never improve only get worse in time. I will get my state pension in January 2020 so hopefully will see the end of fighting the system and no more stress. It was June I sent the questionnaire back so have had over 3 months of worrying but got there in the end with having to go for a medical.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #219824 by canttrusthesystem
Replied by canttrusthesystem on topic M.E.
lou. q - I'm really pleased for you that you got a good result and got to stay in the Support Group. Hope they don't bother you again now before you get to pension age. :) I'm sorry to hear about your chest conditions, too, though.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.