× Members

Received change of circumstance letter

More
5 years 8 months ago #218519 by Chlorinated
Received change of circumstance letter was created by Chlorinated
Hi

I was awarded pip until 2020. I have just received a letter saying that I have notified them of a coc and so they require me to fill up the form again.
However I did not notify them of any coc and really dont want to go through this whole process again just yet.

I'm trying to get through to them but unable. Any idea why this letter has been sent out?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #218531 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Received change of circumstance letter
Amonia

Have you had any contact with the DWP about your PIP or any of your benefits?

You are going to have to complete the form, failing to return it will result in your claim being closed.

If you can get it withdrawn then ask for confirmation in writing.

If you get nowhere, involve your MP

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 8 months ago #218644 by Chlorinated
Replied by Chlorinated on topic Received change of circumstance letter
They have told me on the phone they sent the form in error.

Is an email of their withdrawal acceptable or does it have to be in writing.

Thanks

More
5 years 8 months ago #218655 by Gordon

Amonia wrote: They have told me on the phone they sent the form in error.

Is an email of their withdrawal acceptable or does it have to be in writing.

Thanks

They won't email the confirmation to you, the DWP don't use it with claimants except in exceptional circumstances and only by pre-arrangement.

Ask for written confirmation. Failing that record the phone conversation; you don't need permission to do this. at the very least take note of the date, time and name of the DWP staff.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #220132 by Chlorinated
Replied by Chlorinated on topic Received change of circumstance letter
I have just realized this that I was awarded the esa support group around April 2018(I was already there before). . Having looked at the assessment document it seems on this occasion I was no longer placed in the support because of the 'cannot initiate consecutive action descriptors'. On this occasion I was awarded 0 for all support group and lcwra descriptors. However I was still placed in the support group because of the special rule 'has substantial risk if found to have limited capability for work related activity'.

It could be that because of getting 0 on these descriptors and especially the initiating actions esa descriptor it was crossed checked against my pip and they thought I needed a reassessment?
However they have said it was in error and I took details of the esa advisor so should I just leave it at that? Or might the esa scores lead to further complications?

More
5 years 7 months ago #220134 by Gordon
Amonia

We have had perhaps a half dozen of these CoC letters since you reported yours, most in the last few weeks, none of the members affected have reported any change and there don't appear to have been Decisions on other benefits either.

So I would not worry about the ESA Decision but when you are next assessed for PIP I would perhaps pay more attention to explaining any problems you have with starting the PIP activities.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.