× Members

How long before I hear from DWP response to my Tri

More
5 years 8 months ago #219164 by Louise Kramer
How long does it take for the DWP to respond to my PIP Tribunal appeal? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #219165 by Gordon
L

They have one month from the date on the letter accepting your appeal, usually, they respond well within this timescale.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 8 months ago #219170 by Louise Kramer
Replied by Louise Kramer on topic How long before I hear from DWP response to my Tri
ok many thanks Gordon, Tribunal received on 20th of september so just have to wait bit longer :)

More
5 years 7 months ago #220065 by Louise Kramer
Replied by Louise Kramer on topic How long before I hear from DWP response to my Tri
I just called PIP to ask when I will receive their response to my Tribunal Appeal as its 4 weeks now, they said they couldnt answer any questions regarding appeals and to call the Tribunal Service. I spoke to them who said they are still waiting for the PIP response and if it goes over 5 weeks they will inform the judge of the delay. Am not sure what this means, the Tribunal lady said that PIP could answer my question and thought it odd they had told me to ring Tribunal- am very confused now

More
5 years 7 months ago #220071 by Gordon
L

You must not contact the DWP about your appeal, always go through the Tribunal Service, it's the surest way of having your hearing adjourned on the day if the panel believes that the DWP is in possession of information that they are not.

So the TS is saying that if the DWP's submission is late then the Judge assigned to your appeal will issue them with a warning requiring them to reply within a certain timescale, if they still fail to provide the information then the appeal will go forward without it.

In practice, I have never seen this happen.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #220130 by Louise Kramer
Thanks Gordon, I wasnt aware I couldnt contact PIP.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.