× Members

Higer rate

More
5 years 6 months ago #219261 by Cyberman12
Higer rate was created by Cyberman12
Well haven't had the report back yet but got a phone call yesterday to tell me my condition has changed is my careneeds changed and it would be going up. Even tho I'm getting the claim she kept asking when my care needs did change I told her February last year does this mean they will backdate the remainder from last year thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #219275 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Higer rate
Cyberman

They can do this but I doubt they will, it is much more likely that they were confirming that you had been experiencing your current limitations for at least the three months legally required for an award to be based on them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 6 months ago #219285 by Evelyn
Replied by Evelyn on topic Higer rate
I didn’t get a call but I did get my claim back dated to 30th April .(decision was made 3/10) The report said this was because the records used indicated I deteriorated in January so they could back date it to 3months after that. When I spoke to a(lovely) decision maker/case worker a couple of weeks ago, he said it was totally at the discretion of the decision maker. It was a lovely surprise but ultimately the lesson is that if your condition deteriorates you should advice them rather than wait for review

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.