× Members

ESA Clarification

More
5 years 5 months ago #219262 by joshisidhu
ESA Clarification was created by joshisidhu
Hi all,

I received a letter from DWP regarding my ESA today. It states the amount paid will be from 29 September 2018 to 30 November 2018. The amount hasn't and is not changing for those dates.

I was asked to send them the ESA50 which I did last month. My friend was asked the same and he got the same letter a week ago saying the amount applies till 30th November. It makes me think our ESA50 were enough for them to do paper-based reassessments.

Is that because of the £10 Christmas bonus in the first week of December and then the amount continues until the next assessment?

Thanks,

Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #219276 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Clarification
Josh

Very few, if any, ESA letters make sense and it appears that they can be sent for no reason at all.

The letter may be a Decision Letter but it is also possible that it isn't, the only way to know for certain is to contact the DWP office dealing with your claim.

The date in November is connected to the payment of the Christmas Bonus, your ESA continues in payment until at least the next Decision on your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshisidhu

More
5 years 5 months ago #219322 by joshisidhu
Replied by joshisidhu on topic ESA Clarification
Hi,

The following is at the start of the letter...

"From 29 Sep 2018, your ESA will be XX a week.

This is because of:

A decision on your capability for work. You have been placed in the support group.

Etc etc..."

Is that a standard letter still?

More
5 years 5 months ago #219324 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Clarification
Josh

It could be a Decision Letter but we have seen the same just because the claimant phoned the ESA helpline.

I'm afraid the only way you will know for certain is to contact them and ask.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshisidhu

More
5 years 5 months ago #219336 by joshisidhu
Replied by joshisidhu on topic ESA Clarification
Thanks, Gordon!

I'll ask my support worker or carer to call them tomorrow and come back to let you and others know.

Thanks again,

Josh

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.