× Members

7 weeks without payment

More
5 years 5 months ago #219342 by jasba123
7 weeks without payment was created by jasba123
Dear Forum,
I was on JSA having submitted a sick (fit ) note
The sick note expired on the 16th of Aug 2018. I became aware of this when no benefit was paid into my bank account on the 10th of Sept 2018

I received a further sick note on the 12th of Sept for 13 weeks to reinstate JSA,
i was told I had to (cos of sick note) claim ESA
i advise the DWP that i had been on ESA previously and it had been stopped (6 points given at a Tribunal)
The DWP employee insisted I make the ESA Claim.
I have not had a decision on this claim and am now told that the a decision to pay me ESA is not Guaranteed. There has been a change and a worsening of my condtion but this is not specified in the sick note from the GP.
Any advice would be gratefully received
James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #219350 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 7 weeks without payment
James

If you were previously found Fit for Work then I would expect you to have to provide a medical statement that you have a new condition or that your existing ones have worsened, the DWP will be looking to see whether this would be reasonably likely to result in an award of ESA.

They do have the option of accepting your ESA claim but not putting it into payment until you attend a new assessment, be aware that some of our members have reported waiting nine or months for an appointment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.