× Members

ESA - Perscription Charge Notice.

More
5 years 7 months ago #219565 by immenselysleek
ESA - Perscription Charge Notice. was created by immenselysleek
Hi, Just thought I would share. Yesterday I recieved a "Penalty Charge Notice" From the NHS to the tune of £52.80.

Fight it! I receive ESA Contribution based (Not known at the time) Knowhere on the benefit award letter did it state a variant of ESA. When I went to the pharmacy to collect my perscreiption I was asked if I recieved benefit so I told them "ESA", they ticked a box and asked me to sign. I also take Tramadol so that affects my cognetive function so could have signed anything.

At no time was trying to defraud the system, just a simple mistake. After an hour on the phone and being able to speak to a manager and I offered to pay the original perscription fee (£8.80) They accepted.

This new fine system is greatly flawed, keep calm and argue the point. I doubt if legaly they have much of case with so many weak links in the chain.

1- Nowhere in writing does it state the exact type of benefit.
2- Check the side effects of your medication.
3- Note the pharmacy proceedure
4- Ask for a copy of your signature (They cant provide it)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.