× Members

DLA to PIP.

More
5 years 7 months ago #219571 by lorraine9uk
DLA to PIP. was created by lorraine9uk
I am currently going through the process of going from DLA over to PIP!
Nightmare!
I've been on high rate DLA for the past 7 years both in care and mobility.
I've a lot of chronic conditions that I am now housebound with. My husband is a Saint by doing everything for me and I've no idea where I would be without him. He also works full time for The Ambulance service. A very demanding job.
I'm so stressed out about this damned PIP form and have arranged for someone to come to the house from Citizens advice to help with the forms. I suffer terrible Brain Fog and struggle so much on concentrating.
Can anyone offer any advice on how I can try to relax a bit and stop myself from being so frantic with worry and upset that the conditions I am suffering are being made so much worse.
I know that for everyone it's so stressful but I feel as tho I've really lost the plot!
Thankyou to you all for any advice or help that you can offer. I'm Desperate!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #219583 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA to PIP.
lorraine

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

My best advice is to understand the process and the criteria that you are being assessed against so you have confidence that the form explains your problems in detail.

Have a look at our PIP Claim on the following link.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #219636 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP.
Oh Lorraine - poor you. Here is my advice for what it's worth.

1. Use any techniques you already know - deep breathing, mindfulness, visualisation, listen to some music, hot bath, doing something pleasurable - anything that will help you to relax. No one can control your stress levels other than you. It's hard but you can do it.

2. Make some notes. The person from the CAB will have limited time - so as bad as your brain fog may be, try and help by getting some stuff down on rough paper before they come. They don't have to be in full sentences at this stage.

3. Be kind to yourself. Don't waste any energy on feeling hopeless or helpless. This is a nightmare, but you will come through it.

4. You say your husband is a saint and obviously works long hours and is constantly under strain. However, if you get worked up over this he will feel worse - so ask him also to look at the forms with you. He is the one who will remember things that your brain fog may stop you recalling. He knows your situation better than any stranger and then when the CAB person comes to help you will be better prepared.

5. Use the guide - it is excellent. Use additional sheets for each question explaining the impact on your daily life.

Best of luck

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.