× Members

ESA monies backdate

More
5 years 7 months ago #220087 by Susan Smith
ESA monies backdate was created by Susan Smith
Hi, I was on incapacity benefit before it changed over to ESA, I was transferred to the contribution based support group and I continued to get it.
My question is how do I know if I am entitled to the back payment from previous years please?
I have had no contact from the DWP regarding this, and was wondering what the criteria is.
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220098 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA monies backdate
Susan

Being awarded the SG means you are entitled the Enhanced Disability Premium, about £16 per week if you are also entitled to Income Related ESA. ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #220101 by Susan Smith
Replied by Susan Smith on topic ESA monies backdate
Thank you for your reply Gordon, I have never had the Enhanced premium as far as I’m aware only the normal support group (CB) amount, how will I be able to clarify this please.
I am in the support group as I have paid national insurance contributions but I don’t qualify for ESA (IR) .
Please could you tell me what is the best way to confirm whether I will be entitled to this extra £16 for the last 10 years.
Thank you for all your help.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220109 by Gordon
Susan

Your being in the SG is nothing to do with your receiving ESA(CB)!

Have you looked at the links I provided to see whether you would meet the criteria for an ESA(IR) top-up to your existing ESA(CB) payments?

If you are then the Premium should be payable but you will have to wait for the DWP to contact you, if not then the extra money is not payable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #220119 by Susan Smith
Replied by Susan Smith on topic ESA monies backdate
Thank you Gordon, I have looked at the links you posted and I am not able to qualify for the premium as we have our own home so it looks like I am over the qualifying amount for IR premiums, but thank you for clarifying that Gordon. Ir is much appreciated.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220121 by Gordon
Susan

The home you are living in is disregarded as an asset for the purposes of ESA(IR).

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.