× Members

PiP Tribunal..

More
5 years 7 months ago #220094 by feebee
PiP Tribunal.. was created by feebee
Good evening to all, I have recently had my DLA/PIP transition, I have gone from high mob middle care indefinite award decision notice made at first tier tribunal May 2010. My new PIP award went to 14 points daily living so I was awarded the enhanced rate.(fair enough) For the Mobility part I have been awarded 10 points so am only entitled to the standard rate, I have MS no longer drive but had my high rate mobility DLA swapped for a Motability car that was driven by my daughter and was used for me to get around, so due to only gaining 10 points my Motability car has to go back. Mandatory Recon stayed the same as the original decision, so I have lodged an appeal. I am doing this out of principle as only 2 points needed I scored 0 points for the planning and following a journey. I am representing myself as this is my only option. I shall follow your guides as I have every faith. But not sure how I can gain 2 points? I am so dismayed that the DWP/medical assessor obvs think that MS is an illness where your mobility is not affected? not to mention my mental angst! That I live with daily, Maybe because I am still mobile and not disabled enough for them! I have been diagnosed almost 15 years, but apparently had since my early 20's I'm 54. Sorry to go on but I am worried so could use a little friendly advise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #220107 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PiP Tribunal..
Fiona

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

There are two routes to your scoring the extra two points.

Moving Around - You show that you cannot reliably stand and then walk more than 20m on the majority of days, or

Going Out - You show that you cannot Plan a Route, or you cannot Undertake a Journey, or you Cannot Follow a Route, be aware that the latter two are mutually exclusive of each other.

The specific criteria is explained in our PIP Claim guide.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: feebee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.