× Members

ESA question

More
5 years 7 months ago #220104 by phrank
ESA question was created by phrank
Hi Gordon,

I first went on ESA IN THE Summer of 2010. I went straight into the Support Group. As I remember, I was receiving I think it eas 220 per fortnight. I remember this as I allowed myself 100 per week to cover my costs etc.

I was on Contributory Based ESA and this is all I received for a couple of years or so. I was then reassessed and found fit for work. I appealed and won via a tribunal. I went onto Income based after that I this.

My question is this: am I owed money for the time I was in the Support Group as I never received any enhancements?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220110 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA question
Phrank

On the assumption, you were receiving Incapacity Benefit before you were moved to ESA.

Being awarded the SG means you are entitled the Enhanced Disability Premium, about £16 per week if you are also entitled to Income Related ESA. ESA(IR) is dependant on your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

The DWP will contact you to see whether you are entitled to ESA(IR) and the extra payment but it may take some time as there are nearly 200,00 claimants affected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #220113 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic ESA question
Thanks Gordon,

I guess I'm exempt then, I went straight from working to going off work sick and then into to ESA support group.

I was once previously on Incapacity Benefit but only for a short while and well before that date as I remember.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220118 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA question
Phrank

This just means that you will not be one those contacted by the DWP, you may still be eligible to receive the Premiums if you are eligible for and ESA(IR) top-up.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #220123 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic ESA question
Thanks again, Gordon.

I suppose the best thing to do is call the ESA helpline and explain the situation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.