× Members

DWP AND DVLA - WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ADVICE!!

More
5 years 7 months ago #220227 by sunny333
Hi,

I'd really appreciate some advice please about the links/sharing of information between the DWP and DVLA.

During the past two years I've been re-assessed for both ESA and PIP - placed in Support group for ESA and awarded enhanced rates for both daily living and mobility for PIP due to M.E, dysautonomia and immune dysfunction.

I live with my parents, receiving help each day and took great care (with the help of the guides) to describe my limitations and severe physical and mental exhaustion. On the advice gained I described fluctuations and the fact I cannot do small tasks reliably or repeatedly. I described how planning a route or journey and going out are not possible the vast majority of days and I cannot reliably attempt to plan a route without another person, becoming exhausted and disorientated. Also that my parents take me on short basic trips, e.g appointments, and I have everything delivered. I added detailed medical evidence and doctor's letters.

Last week, and following several days' hospital treatment the previous week, I had a much more stable day and felt able to drive a short distance (2 miles) to the nearest village to collect one item as my parents were out for a couple of hours and there would be very little walking involved. At this time I knew I was capable of this short activity. We have now received a letter stating I was over the limit (37 mph) driving a section of this road and that I will be receiving a fine and 3 points.

I cannot believe this has happened on such a short, rare trip out and am now extremely concerned about whether the DWP will be alerted to this and the possible implications for me, having been ill for many years and having taken so much time and care to represent myself accurately, with evidence. I am not at the point of needing to inform the DWP of an appreciable/sustained change in my health, yet am very worried this momentary mistake of mine will jeopardize my situation.

I'd be so grateful for any advice, thank you..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220249 by Gordon
Sunny

I am not aware of any data sharing from the DVLA to the DWP so I would not worry about this one incident of your driving.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #220853 by sunny333
Thank you so much for this advice Gordon, I really appreciate it.

Sunny

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.