× Members

PIP: went 0 points to 19 after mandatory. However

More
5 years 5 months ago #220313 by KRW
In my original post I explained that:

Just received my PIP mandatory reconsideration notice after about 8 weeks waiting.
=================
Initial PIP assessment:
Daily living: 0
Mobility: 0
=======
Mandatory reconsideration results:
Daily living: 9
Mobility: 10
==================

However, after reading Gordon reply, something didn't add up!!!

Yes, this is a Standard award for both of the PIP components and any passported benefits such as 50% Road Tax are re-instated.

I have now released that because I used to get 100% free car tax the PIP assessors has lowered my mobility score to less than 12 meaning that ‘what on the face of it’ appeared to be full reversal of their unjust assessment, is in fact still short of where I was previously, and the DWP is not fully accepting my mobility issues...

What to do next?

My personal feelings and my principles tell me that these people should not be allowed to get away with declaring I'm more mobile than I actually am. It's just untrue...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #220321 by Gordon
KRW

You know you could have just replied in your previous topic!

The PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form that you will need to complete and the Submissions guide has a complete example that you can use to help you fill it in, you do not need to provide detailed reasons at this stage for your request.

Once your appeal is accepted the DWP will prepare their submission to the hearing and send you a copy, whilst you should wait until you receive this to finish and submit your own, you should start to prepare your own case, an increased award will only be made by your showing that you score the extra points for one, so I would start by going back through your PIP2, the assessment report and the PIP Claim guide to see how you might show this is the case.

If you have further questions then please reply to this post and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
5 years 5 months ago #220333 by KRW
Hi Gordon,

I'm trying to find the document your mentioned:

PIP Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form

Every time I find a link to downloadable resources it just takes me to a subscription advice page, which I've already signed up for...

I found one PIP form that mentioned it was 84 pages, but the copy I viewed live was only 18 pages?

Just seem to be going around in ever increasing circles. Please could you point me in the right direction, thank you.

More
5 years 5 months ago #220335 by Gordon
KRW

I'm afraid there is a bug in the forum software

- log out of the site

this should fix your problem.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 5 months ago #220578 by KRW
Hi Gordon,

Tried your suggestion, and also re-tried several times over the last few days. There doesn't seem to be a way I can access the 84 page guide to claiming PIP without being asked to re-register?

The time to logged an appeal is ticking down, so I would be grateful for your assistance.

Could you supply me with a link?

More
5 years 5 months ago #220580 by Gordon
KRW

The guide is in are PIP area

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

providing a direct link won't work if you are getting this error.

Contact

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

with details of what you are trying to do and the error.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.