× Members

PIP tribunal appointee

More
5 years 7 months ago #220396 by ela67
PIP tribunal appointee was created by ela67
Hello. I'm currently submitting an appeal for my son's PIP claim and wondered if I could get some advice or feedback.

My question is can I go to tribunal by myself as his appointee? I know they'd prefer to speak to him, but I really don't want to have to put him through this. He's articulate and smart but he can't articulate his needs well and doesn't know the extent of support we give him in reality.

Could he/ I write to the courts to ask he doesn't attend and I go on my own? I don't know how likely it is they might postpone if I do turn up alone.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220417 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP tribunal appointee
Ela

Write to the Tribunal Service asking for permission to attend in place of your son. As an appointee, I would expect the Judge in charge of the appeal to agree.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ela67

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.