× Members

Pip review face to face assessment

More
5 years 7 months ago #220408 by snicholson
Pip review face to face assessment was created by snicholson
Hi, I’m absolutely petrified, I received a text asking me to attend a face to face assessment on 19th November 2018. I am half way through my award and I sent back the review form with lots of supporting evidence. Last review was a paper based decision. I currently receive enhanced daily living component but have made a request for mobility component. I suffer with chronic obsessive compulsive disorder, chronic recurrent depression, self harm, personality disorder with features from all five clusters, panic attacks, anxiety, misophonia and repeated suicide attempts and ideation. I am trying to prepare for this assessment as best I can, I have written down a typical day diary and how my obsessive rituals impact my daily life. I’m terrified they are going to take my pip away, this is my lifeline, if I could work I would. I need so much help because right now I’m suicidal and I can’t cope. I keep punching my face in desperation and self harming. My thoughts are racing out of control at the thought of this assessment. Please can anyone offer me any advice. I’m extremely desperate. Thank you. Stephanie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #220430 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip review face to face assessment
S

The first thing you need to do is to get some help, speak to your GP, someone from your MH support team if you have one or failing that the Samaritans

www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

As to the assessment, would you GP be willing to write to the Assessment Provider explaining why a face to face interview will be detrimental to your health?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.