× Members

MR mobility component

More
5 years 7 months ago #220632 by J12
MR mobility component was created by J12
Hello this is my first post so hope it is ok . I received 10 points on mobility and had hoped for 12 the assessor accepted that I could not make any journey without psychological distress. I am hoping to challenge this under mandatory revision and state that I need someone to accompany me and also looking into getting an assistance dog . I have PTSD from an assault he was charged with GBH and depression . Any thoughts , advise welcomed , through this site I successfully received standard care which is the same as I received on DLA , low mobility component . Also scared of the risk I might loose everything on MRevision . Thank you in advance for any advice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #220676 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR mobility component
J12

Here's the problem, you have been awarded the 10 points for being unable to Undertake a Journey, I assume you did not score for the Moving Around activity, this is considered to mutually exclusive with your ability to follow a route, basically, if you cannot leave the house then your ability to get to a destination won't be considered.

So, the only way for you to score higher is to fundamentally undermine the reasons that you have scored the ten points that you already have. I am not saying that you cannot be successful at doing this but if you aren't then it could result in your losing your current Mobility award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #220825 by J12
Replied by J12 on topic MR mobility component
Thank you Gordon for your expertise I am now in services and attending psychology one day a week in your opinion should I leave well alone ? Thank you in advance

More
5 years 7 months ago #220830 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic MR mobility component
J

I'm sorry but I can't offer an opinion, only you can decide whether to challenge the Decision but please read my previous post again before you make any decision about what to do, in particular, the second paragraph.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RJC, J12

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.